ParaView User Training
This course will give an overview of ParaView: how to visualize and process data. The examples are based on use cases from several scientific domains.
The training mixes theory and application with a set of tutorials and exercises.
- Explore ParaView user’s interface
- Visualize and process data using ParaView
- Discover ParaView Python scripting
- Discover ParaView extension with plugins
VTK: a basic knowledge is a plus
- ParaView Overview
- User interface
- Pipeline sources and filters
- Datasets visualization and exploration
- Datasets post processing
- Python Scripting
- Scripting ParaView using its Python API
- Plugins and custom filters
- Introduction to the use and development of custom Python Programmable Filter
- Introduction to the use and development of ParaView C++ plugins
This training course will be taught in English. Course notes are also in English.
Participants are asked to bring a laptop computer for this training session.
The instructor will communicate all the specifications required to each participants before the training session.
Lunch is included.
Kitware SAS is registered as a training center in France.
Training at Kitware
Duration: 1 day
Next training Date: March 17, 2021
Location: Lyon, France
All our training can be offered on site with a custom agenda. Contact us for more information.
Meet the instructor
Nicolas is one of the main developers of VTK and ParaView.
Nicolas joined the Kitware team as an R&D engineer in May 2016. During his studies, Nicolas specialized in electrical engineering and signal processing. After passing his Engineering degree at INSA Lyon in 2014, Nicolas worked at Laboratoire Bordelais de Recherche Informatique (Bordeaux, France) as a software engineer, focusing on the multimedia sequencer OSSIA score in C++.