ParaView User Training
This course will give an overview of ParaView: how to visualize and process data. The examples are based on use cases from several scientific domains.
The training mixes theory and application with a set of tutorials and exercises.
- Explore ParaView user’s interface
- Visualize and process data using ParaView
- Discover ParaView Python scripting
- Discover ParaView extension with plugins
VTK: a basic knowledge is a plus
- ParaView Overview
- User interface
- Pipeline sources and filters
- Datasets visualization and exploration
- Datasets post processing
- Python Scripting
- Scripting ParaView using its Python API
- Plugins and custom filters
- Introduction to the use and development of custom Python Programmable Filter
- Introduction to the use and development of ParaView C++ plugins
This training course will be taught in English. Course notes are also in English.
Participants are asked to bring a laptop computer for this training session.
The instructor will communicate all the specifications required to each participants before the training session.
Lunch is included.
Kitware SAS is registered as a training center in France.
Training at Kitware
Duration: 1 day
Next training Date: October 12, 2020
Location: Lyon, France
All our training can be offered on site with a custom agenda. Contact us for more information.
Meet the instructor
Mathieu Westphal joined Kitware’s European team in Lyon as an R&D engineer in April 2015.
After receiving degrees from INSA Lyon and ENS Lyon, Mathieu first worked on adaptative optics and visualization pipelines. Now one of the main ParaView contributors, his technical proficiency in algorithmic, parallel programming, UI and visualization in general, allows him to work on different projects at Kitware.