This training covers how to get started with LidarView and integrate it in your workflow. Using Velodyne’s sensor data, you will learn how to visualize, format and exploit Lidar Data.
- No Lidar sensor is required for this course.
- VeloView can be used if you desire to use your advanced sensor’s data.
- The session will be interactive and you will have the opportunity to ask detailed questions to a LidarView developer.
This half a day hands-on session will cover LidarView’s core visualization features, interoperability options and ecosystem you can leverage to tailor the best solution for your own use-cases.
- Get Familiar with Lidar Data Visualization in LidarView-based applications
- Discover Interoperability options
- Lidar Technology: basic knowledge
- Python / C++: basic knowledge would be a plus
- Computer Networking: basic knowledge would be a plus
- Visualization in LidarView
- Visualize Velodyne’s Sensor Data from PCAP file or live stream
- Arrays Visualization: Coloring, Spreadsheet, Point Selection
- Sensor Calibration / State features
- Recording and Saving Frames
- Other Import / Export Formats
- Handle large data with the PacketFileSender Utility
- LidarView Ecosystem & Interoperability
- LidarView Advanced mode: ParaView design principles
- Automation with the Python console
- Custom Processing: Custom Filters
- Presentation of LidarView Repository
This training course will be taught in English. Course notes are also in English.
Participants are asked to bring a laptop computer for this training session.
The instructor will communicate all the specifications required to each participants before the training session.
Kitware SAS is registered as a training center in France
Duration: half day
Next training Date: October 24, 2023
Time zone: Paris (CEST / GMT+2h)
Schedule: 9am to 12am
All our training can be offered on site with a custom agenda. Contact us for more information.
Meet the instructor
Timothée Couble is an R&D engineer on Kitware Europe’s computer vision team.
He obtained his Master of Computer Science student at Epitech Lyon in 2021 during which he had already joined Kitware for a six month internship successfully working on the improvement of the multithreading tools in VTK.
After graduating, he worked in Dublin (Ireland) and decided to move back to France and join Kitware again.
As part of the the Computer Vision team, Timothée is the LidarView software maintainer, ensuring proper development and synchronization of the multiple customer-specific forks and the underlying shared codebase.