This training covers how to get started with LidarView and integrate it in your workflow. Using Velodyne’s sensor data, you will learn how to visualize, format and exploit Lidar Data.
- No Lidar sensor is required for this course.
- VeloView can be used if you desire to use your advanced sensor’s data.
- The session will be interactive and you will have the opportunity to ask detailed questions to a LidarView developer.
This half a day hands-on session will cover LidarView’s core visualization features, interoperability options and ecosystem you can leverage to tailor the best solution for your own use-cases.
- Get Familiar with Lidar Data Visualization in LidarView-based applications
- Discover Interoperability options
- Lidar Technology: basic knowledge
- Python / C++: basic knowledge would be a plus
- Computer Networking: basic knowledge would be a plus
- Visualization in LidarView
- Visualize Velodyne’s Sensor Data from PCAP file or live stream
- Arrays Visualization: Coloring, Spreadsheet, Point Selection
- Sensor Calibration / State features
- Recording and Saving Frames
- Other Import / Export Formats
- Handle large data with the PacketFileSender Utility
- LidarView Ecosystem & Interoperability
- LidarView Advanced mode: ParaView design principles
- Automation with the Python console
- Custom Processing: Custom Filters
- Presentation of LidarView Repository
This training course will be taught in English. Course notes are also in English.
Participants are asked to bring a laptop computer for this training session.
The instructor will communicate all the specifications required to each participants before the training session.
Kitware SAS is registered as a training center in France
Duration: half day
Next training Date: September 29, 2022
Time zone: Paris (CEST / GMT+2h)
Schedule: 1pm to 5pm
All our training can be offered on site with a custom agenda. Contact us for more information.
Meet the instructor
Arnaud Billon has integrated Kitware Europe in January 2021 as a Research & Development Engineer in the Vision team.
Arnaud has a MS in Electrical & Computer Engineering from Georgia Institute of Technology. His education emphasized both software engineering and computer vision topics.
At Kitware, Arnaud acts as the main maintainer for LidarView and LidarView-based applications. He also regularly enters into play to tackle computer vision pipeline’s integration and optimization related challenges.