Introduction to Kitware web technologies
- Discover the existing tools developed by Kitware
- Understand pros and cons behind client-side and remote-side rendering
- Discover interactions between existing tools (e.g. ParaView to ParaViewGlance)
- Setup an environment to run Kitware web tools
- No developer skill requested other than being able to run command-line executables
- Being a user of VTK or ParaView is a plus (e.g. data type and basic filters)
- Client-side visualization: VTK.JS, ITK.JS, ParaViewGlance…
- Server-side visualization: ParaViewWeb, Visualizer, ParaViewLite, PyWebVue…
- Data Management: Girder
- Geospatial visualisation: GeoJS
This training course will be taught in English. Course notes are also in English.
Participants are asked to bring a laptop computer for this training session.
The instructor will communicate all the specifications required to each participants before the training session.
Lunch is included.
Kitware SAS is registered as a training center in France
Duration: 1 day
Next training Date: March 8, 2024
Time zone: Paris (CET / GMT+1h)
Schedule: 9am to 5pm
All our training can be offered on site with a custom agenda. Contact us for more information.
Meet the instructor
Paul is an R&D engineer in the Software Solutions team. He has developed a great number of skills, ranging from web development (e.g. Girder, VTK, Cherrypy, Django, React and Vue.js), to C++ development with CMake.
His CMake experience, educational background, communicative skills and exhilarating eagerness to share his knowledge made him a natural CMake teacher.
On top of being a developer and a trainer, Paul also system administers KEU as well as sets up and maintains Continuous Integration/Development environments on multiple platforms and operating systems.
Prior to joining Kitware in 2019, Paul worked as a C++/Python developer for a start-up where he developed proofs-of-concepts for Connected Objects.