ParaView Advanced Training
ParaView is an open-source, multi-platform scientific data analysis and visualization tool that enables analysis and visualization of extremely large datasets. ParaView is both a general purpose, end-user application with a distributed architecture that can be seamlessly leveraged by your desktop or other remote parallel computing resources and an extensible framework with a collection of tools and libraries for various applications including scripting (using Python), web visualization (through ParaViewWeb), or in-situ analysis (with Catalyst).
This course is an advanced ParaView course. It is recommended for users and developers who have a good knowledge of ParaView’s user interface and who want to extend the capabilities of ParaView through Python.
The training mixes theory and application with a set of tutorials and exercises.
- Create Programmable Filters and Sources in Python
- Extend ParaView with Python and XML plugins
- Discover the modern rendering techniques provided by ParaView
- Explore the parallel processing and visualization capabilities of ParaView
- Discover the in-situ processing and visualization with ParaView Catalyst
- ParaView: knowledge of the interface and key concepts (ParaView User’s training is recommended)
- VTK: good knowledge of the VTK data model and pipeline (VTK User’s training is recommended)
- Python: knowledge is necessary
- Custom Python Programmable Filters and Sources
- Write and Use a Python and XML ParaView Plugins
- Use the new rendering techniques in ParaView
- Parallel processing and visualization with ParaView
- Introduction to in-situ processing with ParaView Catalyst
This training course will be taught in English. Course notes are also in English.
Participants are asked to bring a laptop computer for this training session.
The instructor will communicate all the specifications required to each participants before the training session.
Lunch is included.
Kitware SAS is registered as a training center in France
Duration: 1 day
Next training Date: March 28, 2023
Time zone: Paris (CEST / GMT+2h)
Schedule: 9am to 5pm
All our training can be offered on site with a custom agenda. Contact us for more information.
Meet the instructor
Since his arrival in Kitware Europe as an R&D Engineer in May 2016, Nicolas has actively contributed to ParaView. His developments are aimed to improve the User Interface as well as High Performance Computing (HPC).