Julien Jomier is currently directing Kitware’s European subsidiary in Lyon, France (Kitware SAS), where he focuses on European business development.
In 2005, Julien Jomier and Stephen Aylward started Kitware’s branch office in Carrboro, North Carolina, where Julien led the MIDAS project, a system for collecting, processing, and distributing massive collections of data. He is also the main architect of CDash, an open-source, distributed, software quality system companion of CMake and CTest. Julien is also leading the development of the MIDAS Journal and Insight Journal, an electronic journal promoting open-science.
Julien received both his B.S. and M.S in Electrical Engineering and Information Processing in 2002 from the ESCPE-Lyon (France) and an M.S. in Computer Science from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC) in 2003. He worked on a variety of projects in the areas of parallel and distributed computing, mobile computing, image processing, and visualization.
As a developer of the Insight Toolkit (ITK), Mr. Jomier was involved in applications for stereo reconstruction, model-to-image registration, and vessel analysis. He is also the main contributor of the Spatial Objects and the Spatial Object Viewer toolkit. His main areas of research include image-guided surgery and multimodality data fusion as well as computer-aided diagnosis. He is also a main developer for the Image-Guided Surgery Toolkit (IGSTK) and continues to support the Insight toolkit.
Prior to joining Kitware, Mr. Jomier was a Faculty Research Lecturer of Radiology at the University of North Carolina and a member of the Computer-Aided Diagnosis and Display Laboratory.
- C. Gueunet, P. Fortin, J. Jomier, and J. Tierny, “Task-based augmented merge trees with Fibonacci heaps,” 2017.
J. Jomier, “Open science–towards reproducible research,” Information Services and Use, vol. 37, pp. 361-367 2017.
- C. Gueunet, P. Fortin, J. Jomier, and J. Tierny, “Contour Forests: Fast Multi-threaded Augmented Contour Trees,” IEEE Symposium on Large Data Analysis and Visualization, 2016
- N. Passat, S. Salmon, J. Armspach, B. Naegel, C. Prud’homme, H. Talbot, A. Fortin, S. Garnotel, O. Merveille, O. Miraucourt, and J. Jomier, “From Real MRA to Virtual MRA: Towards an Open-Source Framework,” International Conference on Medical Image Computing and Computer-Assisted Intervention, pp. 335-343 2016.
- V. Chabannes, A. Ancel, J. Jomier, and C. Prud’Homme, ANGIOTK : An Open Platform to reconstruct vessels from MRI images and simulate blood flows to ultimately provide Virtual Angiographies. HAL CCSD, 2015
- A. Ribes, B. Lorendeau, J. Jomier, and Y. Fournier, In-Situ Visualization in Computational Fluid Dynamics Using Open-Source tools: Integration of Catalyst into Code\_Saturne. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2015, pp. 21-37
- C. Prud’Homme, V. Chabannes, M. Szopos, A. Ancel, and J. Jomier, “From medical imaging to numerical simulations,” Advanced technologies and treatments for Glaucoma, 2015
- L. H. Cevidanes, A. C. Ruellas, J. Jomier, T. Nguyen, S. Pieper, F. Budin, M. Styner, and B. Paniagua, “Incorporating 3-dimensional models in online articles,” American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, vol. 147, no. 5, pp.195-204 2015.
- I. Aalbersberg, P. Alvarez, J. Jomier, C. Marion, and E. Zudilova-Seinstra, “Bringing 3D visualization into the online research article ,” Information Services and Use, vol. 34, pp. 27-37, Sep. 2014.
- M. McCormick, X. Liu, J. Jomier, C. Marion, and L. Ibanez, “ITK: enabling reproducible research and open science,” Front Neuroinform, vol. 8, no. 13, Feb. 2014.
- J. Finet, R. Ortiz, J. Andruejol, A. Enquobahrie, J. Jomier, and S. Aylward, “Bender: An Open Source Software for Efficient Model Posing and Morphing, Biomedical Simulation Lecture Notes in Computer Science,”Jan. 2014.
- C. Marion, J. Pouderoux, J. Jomier, S. Jourdain, M. Hanwell, and U. Ayachit, “A Hybrid Visualization System for Molecular Models,” The 18th International Symposium on Web3D Technology, Web3D ’13 in ACM, 2013
- D. Pace, A. Enquobahrie, P. Reynolds, J. Jomier, E. Bullitt, and S. Aylward, “TubeTK: An open-source toolkit of algorithms operating on images of tubes,” 26th International Congress and Exhibition on Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery (CARS 2012), 2012, pp. 79-80
- J. Jomier et al., “Remote Visualization of Large Datasets with MIDAS and ParaViewWeb,” Web3D Conference 2011, 2011
- J. Jomier et al., “An Open-Source Digital Archiving System for Medical and Scientific Research,” Open Repositories 2010, 2010
- K. Krishnan, L. Ibanez, W. Turner, J. Jomier, and R. Avila, “An open-source toolkit for the volumetric measurement of CT lung lesions,” Optics Express, vol. 18, no. 14, pp. 15256-15266, Jul. 2010.
- J. Baumes, J. Jomier, and T. M. Shead, “Interactive web visualization as an aid to software quality.,” 2010.
- J. Jomier et al., “An open-source framework for testing tracking devices using Lego Mindstorms,” SPIE Medical Imaging, vol. 7261, no. 72612S, Feb. 2009.
- J. Jomier et al., “A digital archiving system and distributed server-side processing of large datasets,”vol. 7264, no. 726413, Feb. 2009.
- K. Cleary, A. Enquobahrie, Z. Yaniv, L. Ibanez, S. Aylward, H. Zhang, D. Gobbi, J. Jomier, H. Kim, P. Cheng, B. Blake, and
- K. Gary, IGSTK: The Book. Signature Book Printing, Gaithersburg, Maryland, 2007
- A. Enquobahrie, P. Cheng, K. Gary, L. Ibanez, D. Gobbi, F. Lindseth, Z. Yaniv, S. Aylward, J. Jomier, and K. Cleary, The Image-Guided Surgery Toolkit IGSTK: An Open Source C++ Software Toolkit. Springer-Verlag, 2007
- S. Aylward, J. Jomier, S. Barre, B. Davis, and L. Ibanez, “Optimizing ITK’s Registration Methods for Multi-processor, Shared-memory Systems,” MICCAI Workshop on Open Source and Open Data, 2007
- J. Peyre, J. Smith, J. Jomier, C. Castellano, M. Hollingshead, S. Aylward, and M. Castill, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus CNS Vasculitis: circulatory pathology demonstrated with perfusion MRI. ASNR, 2006
- M. Koenih, W. Spindler, J. Rexilius, J. Jomier, F. Link, and H. Peitgen, Embedding VTK and ITK into a visual programming and rapid prototyping platform. SPIE Medical Imaging, 2006
- J. Jomier et al., “3D/2D Model-to-Image Registration Applied to TIPS Surgery,” Springer, vol. 4191, pp. 662-669, Jan. 2006.
- P. Cheng, H. Zhang, H. Kim, K. Gary, B. Blake, D. Gobbi, S. Aylward, J. Jomier, A. Enquobahrie, R. Avila, and L. Ibanez, IGSTK: Framework and Example Application Using an Open Source Toolkit for Image-Guided Surgery Applications. Proceedings of SPIE, 2006, 2006
- M. Blake, K. Cleary, S. Ranjan, K. Gary, J. Jomier, S. Aylward, and L. Ibanez, Component-Based Design and Development for Robust Medical Applications. High Confidence Medical Device Software and Systems (HCMDSS) Workshop, 2005
- J. Rexilius, J. Jomier, W. Spindler, F. Link, M. Konig, and H. Peitgen, Combining a Visual Programming and Rapid Prototyping Platform with ITK. Springer, 2005, pp. 460-464
- J. Jomier et al., “Automatic Vascular Tree Formation Using the Mahalanobis Distance,” Springer, vol. 3750, pp. 806-812, Jan. 2005.
- S. R. Aylward, J. Jomier, C. Vivert, V. LeDigarcher, and E. Bullitt, “Spatial Graphs for Intra-cranial Vascular Network Characterization, Generation, and Discrimination,” Springer, vol. 3749, pp. 59-66, Jan. 2005.
- J. Jomier et al., Automatic Quantification Of Pupil Dilation Under Stress. ISBI, 2004
- J. Jomier and S. R. Aylward, Rigid and deformable vasculature-to-image registration: a hierarchical approach. MICCAI 2004; Lecture Notes in Computer Science 3216, 2004
- D. Chillet, J. Jomier, D. Cool, and S. R. Aylward, Vascular Atlas Formation Using a Vessel-to-Image Affine Registration Method. ICCAI 2003. Lecture Notes in Computer Science 2878, 2003
- J. Jomier et al., Quantification of retinopathy of prematurity via vessel segmentation. Springer Berlin / Heidelberg, 2003
- S. R. Aylward, J. Jomier, S. Weeks, and E. Bullitt, “Registration and Analysis of Vascular Images,” International Journal in Conputer Vision, vol. 55, Jan. 2003.
- S. R. Aylward, J. Jomier, J. Guyon, and S. Weeks, Intra-operative 3D ultrasound augmentation. IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging , 2002, pp. 421-424